Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Random thoughts

RANDOM thoughts in my office(:


I will not confuse what I need with what I want
What we need is called essentials, without which we would find it hard to live, like having enough to eat, a roof over our heads and decent clothes to wear. What we want may be different. It may be food that we love but is expensive.. Do not confuse the two.

Gratefulness is Letting others know by words and actions how they have benefited my life.
I will count my benefits rather than my burdens
How we will look at our circumstances will determine our happiness. If we constantly look at what we don’t have instead of being grateful for what we have, we will become discouraged or even bitter. We should count our blessings as there will always be others who have more and others who have less than we do.
I will listen to criticism
When we are criticized we must separate what is being said from how it is being said.
There may be a lesson to be learnt that may benefit us if we do this. If we constantly adjust our behavior to the criticism we will become better persons and earn the respect and trust of others.
I will point others in the right direction
I will not stretch the truth to make it more attractive
I will appeal to a person’s conscience in terms of character
I will wait for the best time
I will not argue
Persuasion is often more effective than force
“ It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn’t”

No comments: